Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 Progress Note editor - won't allow "New" second

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 Progress Note editor - won't allow "New" second, concurrent note
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:27:57 -0700

On 16-Sep-08, at 2:00 PM, James Busser wrote:

Two [patient] complaints or requests which seem
- both unrelated to each other and
- seeming unrelated to any thus-far documented issues

... the patient can be new or maybe rarely came in before.

Apart from the use case which is legitimate, I hate when a button invites pushing but does nothing.

I have located already existing
GNUmed > Options > User interface > Progress note handling > Multiple new episodes

Which seems by default "off". Ideally then no "New" button would be available in the Progress notes creator until the user had set this "on". The alternative would be for the "New" button to beep when clicked while this client had not been set to allow multiple new episodes. I am not sure what help or protection was being thought of to control whether or not to allow multiple new episodes... maybe while training someone in an established GNUmed praxis, where most patients could have an established history and not need multiple new episodes?