[Gnumed-devel] Problem connecting to a local database

From: Joe Hildreth
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Problem connecting to a local database
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:10:39 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

Sebastian was kind enough to help me through my last issue, but I seem to have
run into another one. I hope you can help me.

Here is my setup.

Ubuntu 8.04
PostgreSQL 8.3
Python 2.5.2
GnuMed-client 0.2.8.10
gnumed database v9

When I try to log in the local database using the gm-dbo account I get the
following message:

<message start>

GNUmed database version mismatch.

This database version cannot be used with this client:

 version detected: unknown database schema version, MD5 hash is
[641a9b2be3c378ffc2bb2f0b1c9f051d]
 version needed: v8

Currently connected to database:

 host: 127.0.0.1
 database: gnumed_v9
 user: gm-dbo

You must connect to a different database in order
to use the GNUmed client. You may have to contact
your administrator for help.

Please consult the error log for all the gory details !

</message end>

Thinking that the client 0.2.8.10 was too old for the version 9 of the
database, I changed the line in the pg_hba.conf to reflect v8 then I re-run the
net install script and when prompted to update from v8 to v9 I told it no
resulting in a message that it failed to update from v8 to v9. I ignored and
tried to connect with the client and it told me it was expecting a v9 database
if I recall correctly.

Here are the last few lines of the log file, notice it is cut off, I don't know
why, that was how I found it in the log.

<begin log>

2008-09-22 15:02:32  [INFO]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py:address@hidden):
setting default login from [<Gnumed.pycommon.gmLoginInfo.LoginInfo instance at
0x89c406c>] to [<Gnumed.pycommon.gmLoginInfo.LoginInfo instance at 0x89c406c>]
2008-09-22 15:02:32  [INFO]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py:address@hidden):
setting default DSN from [dbname=gnumed_v9 host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 user=gm-dbo
password=bccich2k sslmode=prefer] to [dbname=gnumed_v9 host=127.0.0.1 port=5432
user=gm-dbo password=bccich2k sslmode=prefer]
2008-09-22 15:02:32  [INFO]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py:address@hidden):
setting default client encoding from [UTF8] to [UTF8]
2008-09-22 15:02:32  [INFO]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py:address@hidden):
PostgreSQL version (string): "PostgreSQL 8.3.3 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled
by GCC cc (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)"
2008-09-22 15:02:33  [ERROR]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py:address@hidden):
database schema version mismatch
2008-09-22 15:02:33  [ERROR]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py:address@hidden):
expected: v8 (89b13a7af83337c3aad153b717e52360)
2008-09-22 15:02:33  [ERROR]  (/v

</end log>

What to I need to check or edit and fix to be able to connect to a local
database? Or do I need to read the manual a little more thorough? :-)

Warm Regards,

Joe Hildreth