[Gnumed-devel] Introduction

From: John Mackenzie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:36:27 +1000

G'day gnumeddlers,

My son David Mackenzie suggests that I join the gnumed development
list.

I am a medical graduate (Monash 1974) recently semi-retired from
general practice, and whilst not a programmer (I leave that up
to Dave), I regularly use 3 proprietary EHRs here in Oz (Medical
Director, Best Practice, and Medtech).

My contribution can be to the requirements and documentation.

It would be great to have an open source EHR which I could use at
home - initially with just patient progress notes, then including
some measurements (height, weight, BP, P), and later adding letter
writer, imported pathology/ Xray results and incoming correspondence,
and finally prescription writing.

Hopefully Dave and I can help.

Regards from downunder,

John Mac