Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Database install

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Database install
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:39:42 +0200

> Do you really want to install this database setup ?
> Type yes or no: yes
> Bootstrapping aborted by user.
> Please check the log file for details.
> Bootstrapping "gnumed_v2" did not finish successfully. Aborting.
> address@hidden:~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap
>#

There is a log file in
~/.gnumed/server-installation/GNUmed-v9/server/bootstrap

It is any file called *.log

Those we need.

> I am sorry for I do not know the correct directory for nano to open for the
> bootstap log.

See above.

> As a side note in the Ledgersmb forum it was suggested that the end user ie
> someone like me should not be modifying Postgres congfiguration for fear of
> messing it up.

That is no good advice. The opposite is true. save a copy of the original.
Then configure it exactly like in the wiki. On Debian Lenny it needs no
changes to at least run.

> If I missed a log file let me know
> Also I have not touched any configuarion files. By rights it should work
> straight out of the box.

It cannot as postgres default installation often does not permit this. It is
is to guard your patients data. We have chosen not to weaken the security by
making it painlessly easy.

Thanks for your reports.

--
Sebastian Hilbert