Re: [Gnumed-devel] allergy manager in CVS HEAD

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] allergy manager in CVS HEAD
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:43:48 +0200

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 02:43:09PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> 2. please confirm the flow as it now stands in "head":

> - on patient creation:
>       default allergy state would be "unknown" ?
yes, shows "?"

>               for if it is null, what would show in the radio button?
should not happen,
would show "unknown allergy state" as state,
radio button "unkown" would be selected,
would signal "invalid allergy state" in status line

>       default state confirmation timestamp would be null?
yes

>               'Last confirmed" would show in the manager as <null>?
no, would show <allery state unasked> in translation

>       cave would show "?"
yes

> - after asking the patient:
>       if unsure or evasive, clinician enters a comment
>       if radio button is left as "unknown"
>       --> cave shows "?!"
yes

>       if radio button is set to "none" yet a comment exists
>       --> cave shows "greek phi with !"
yes, but diameter, not phi

>       if *has* allergies
>       --> there is still a role for a comment (?)
Sure: "I suspect further undisclosed allergies." or "nuts
suspected, too" or similar things.

> - after the "Last confirmed" has been altered from null, shall we
> indicate this as part of the Cave for example
>       ?! (last confirmed yyy-mm-dd hh:hh)
>       phi (last confirmed yyy-mm-dd hh:hh)
>
> ... since it would spare the user having to expose the tooltip to decide
> if it was recent enough (it is a tradeoff... clutter vs fewer steps, I
> prefer fewer steps and maybe we could leave out the text "last confirmed"
> since the user would figure out the meaning of the date the first time
> they open the Allergy manager
Added for now but date only.