Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.4-rc4

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.4-rc4
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:08:11 +0100

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 08:07:34PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Ok here is the problem, my server v9 tarball makes a .bz2 file but gives the
> below error/exit
>
> ***** consultorio:/home/rogerio/GNUmed/GNUmed-server.v9/GNUmed-v9/server# sh
> gm-zip+sign_backups.sh
> gm-zip+sign_backups.sh: line 107: -s: command not found
> gm-zip+sign_backups.sh: line 107: -s: command not found
> gm-zip+sign_backups.sh: line 107: -s: command not found
> ******consultorio:/home/rogerio/GNUmed/GNUmed-server.v9/GNUmed-v9/server#
You need to say:

        sh ./gm-zip+sign_backups.sh

> Please advise if this is ok, because I am weary to drop my current DB in
> order to restore a new v9

Why would you want to do that ?

> I CAN make backups in .tar files, but I cannot make a restore with the
> script currently in my v9 tarball
Well, the v9 restore script isn't smart enough to restore
from a .tar as well (the v10 one can do that) which is what
it complains about here:

> ==> Testing backup file integrity ...
>
> /root/.gnumed/backup/backup-gnumed_v9-GNUmed_Team-consultorio-2009-02-18-19-56-04.tar:
> bad magic number (file not created by bzip2)

This stuff:

> You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
> data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

is said by bunzip2 because it thinks you probably know what
you do and the .tar might actually be a damaged .bz2.

You can always turn your .tar into .bz2:

        bzip2 -z backup-file.tar

> This was my problem a few months back and Karsten send me some scripts that
> fixed it, but I lost them ... the thing is it is shipped this way in the
> tarball and it should "just work", right??

It works quite well when used as documented right inside the
restore script:

#==============================================================
# $Source: /sources/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/server/gm-restore_database.sh,v $
# $Id: gm-restore_database.sh,v 1.2 2007/12/02 11:48:24 ncq Exp $
#
# author: Karsten Hilbert
# license: GPL v2
#
# This script tries to restore a GNUmed database from a
# backup. It tries to be very conservative. It is intended
# for interactive use and will have to be adjusted to your
# needs.
#==============================================================

echo "====================================================="
echo "usage: $0 <backup file>"
echo ""
echo " <backup file>: a backup-gnumed_vX-*.tar.bz2 file"
echo "====================================================="

> Now I am having trouble testing the v10 server .... when I try to upgrade:
>

> ****consultorio:/home/rogerio/GNUmed/GNUmed-server-v10# sh upgrade-db.sh 9 10

Please try again with

        sh ./upgrade-db.sh 9 10

(note that this should be run as root)

> 2) upgrading to new database ...
> Adjusting PYTHONPATH ...
> Please make sure the GNUmed Python modules are in the Python path !
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./bootstrap_gm_db_system.py", line 65, in <module>
>     from Gnumed.pycommon import gmLog2
> ImportError: cannot import name gmLog2
> Upgrading "gnumed_v9" to "gnumed_v10" did not finish successfully.
> consultorio:/home/rogerio/GNUmed/GNUmed-server-v10#

Given a standard tarball this works just fine for me. Note
that the upgrade-db.sh script must be invoked from within
server/bootstrap/ !

> PS sending the .po file 65% done

Great !  I have included your translation in 0.4-rc6
already.