Re: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] terminology question
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 18:02:11 -0300

Sorry Jim resending with some editions to the list.

The way I am used to use GNUmed is:

fundamental Issue: AV BLOCK III

ANOTHER fundamental Issue PACEMAKER
where the descrition of surgery and the pacemaker related problems would be put in

But I see this as just easily visualized, medically of course the PACEMAKER has a REASON to be implanted ... but I am seeking with GNUmed to facilitate my VIEWING abilities of the patients chart.

So in My example the fundamental Issues would be listed:

AV-BLOCK III
PACEMAKER

 For a real example:

So I have someone wit the following fundamental Issues:

PERSONAL/FAMILY HISTORY
- (witch I basically use when some relevant history comes to mind) sometimes patients remember that an uncle died of Colon Cancer at the 3rd of 4th encounter.

ANSIETY
ARTEROSCLEROSIS
BACK PAIN (CRONIC)
CARDIAC FAILURE
CARIDAC SURGERY
DEPRESSION
SHOULDER PAIN (FRACTURE)

Of course the 3 cardio-related could get grouped up, say as CARDIAC DESEASE but it is EASIER to see all his problems and ask how all of them are evolving if I do it this way ...

I have a wish by the way, could I edit the ORDER in wich these Fundamental Issues appear? Say I would like to put it as:

PERSONAL/FAMILY HISTORY
ANSIETY
DEPRESSION
BACK PAIN
SHOULDER PAIN
ARTEROSCLEROSIS
CARDIAC FAILURE
CARDIAC SURGERY

Could I ? For now my Client just puts them in Alfabetical order, and I HATE my old way to organize it (putting 0000 0001 0002 0003 in front of the issues)

Rogerio