Re: [Gnumed-devel] splitting / rearranging multi-page PDFs

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] splitting / rearranging multi-page PDFs
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:55:01 +0200

Am Sonntag 19 April 2009 02:39:47 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> This:
>

> http://bigbrovar.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/pdf-shuffler-an-easy-way-to-merg
>e-pdf-files-in-linux/

It is in Debian. Should we add this to recommended packages for GNUmed.

> might work very well for given sets of circumstances.
>
> Convert multi-page fax to PDF, load into PDF shuffler.

Two comments. It seems to be pure python plus pygtk. it might not be that hard
to convert to wxwidgets.

One should investigate the possibility to interface to it.

1.) Hand over a pdf from fax queue/GNUmed inbox
2.) split per patient/document
3.) feed it back to into GNUmed. Maybe have an 'associate patient' in
pdfshuffler which will call GNUmed and shove the individual files back into
the GNUmed inbox but associated with a patient