Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Sent out emails to other EMR Groups

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Sent out emails to other EMR Groups
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 10:14:28 +0200

Am Montag 04 Mai 2009 08:49:16 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sun, 3 May 2009, Allan MacKinnon wrote:
> > Sebastian asked me to wrangle some of the EMR project admins and get a
> > Debian package drive going.
>
> What do you understand by "Debian package drive"?

> > sent emails out successfully to many groups and I have included a list of
> > them and who I contacted on an attached text file.  The only problematic
> > one was the OpenPMS group whom I believe contacted the Hilberts already
> > so I suggest they contact OpenPMS themselves.  Their website was not
> > helpful for finding contact information.
>
> If you ask me I would have considered it as a very good idea to CC the
> Debian Med mailing list in every single mail.  Just keep in mind that
> running a project to coordinate different large software projects under one
> technical base (like Debian packages) with an acceptable quality (of
> original packaging and keeping them up to date) requires a large man power,
> technical infrastructure and experience.  We just gained this more or less
> in Debian Med (even if man paower is always short).  So my advise is to at
> least keep us informed to enable us to support your work.

The idea is quite simple.

1.) let project managers know there is Debian
2.) contact them to tell them about Debian
3.) tell them about Debian and Debian-med
4.) sell the idea that is makes sense to package for Debian
5.) encourage them to package their software
6.) aggregate the packaged projects in some live CD or project
7.) spread the word on a CD/DVD that contains the latest FOSS EMR packaged for
Debian