Re: Client menu suggestions was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc2

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Client menu suggestions was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc2
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:04:14 -0700

On 28-Jun-09, at 3:14 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Those items which are under "GNUmed / Configuration"

configures *how* GNUmed behaves.

What is found under "Manage master data" doesn't (directly)

define the how - it rather manages the data itself.

it is necessary to get down three sublevels. Can we consolidate them all

under GNUmed?

Done but less intrusive.

I think it would be good for Office menu to offer
Appointments
Inbox
Waitlist

but for "Manage master data" to be elsewhere, either under the GNUmed menu (if the above means that this move has already been done) or under the Tools menu.

I only preferred under GNUmed because people are accustomed to looking under an app's first menu for "Preferences" and apart from an app's first menu there is no customariness to where else to look, to "adjust / alter" what an app offers to its users. These kinds of things are often also under the app's first menu.

I would also move, into the GNUmed menu, the Manage master data subitem which is "Staff", and I would rename this "Users…" resulting in

GNUmed > Users

Add user - Alt A
Edit users - Alt E