Re: [Gnumed-devel] client 0.5.rc2 bug "Attach documents" plugin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] client 0.5.rc2 bug "Attach documents" plugin
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:42:45 +0200

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 07:27:50AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>> If an praxis deems it important to not let import assistants
>> decide on the final episode they should, indeed, use a
>> dedicated episode, IMO.
>
> I suppose easiest would be to simply
>       - down-cursor
>       - import assistant is not sure
>       - simply presses the ? key, and tabs to next field
>
> In the case of a new patient or new episode or new issue, whatever the
> import assistant had input (e.g. "?" or "new" or "new patient") would be
> editable by the clinician (i.e. the created episode could be kept,
> sparing the nuisance of deletion).

Sure, that's entirely a usage scenario possible today.

> Presently the "Associate to episode" field defaults to show all past
> episodes, including "closed" ... would it be better if this emulates the
> Notes editor, which offers only the problem list (i.e. active problems)?

Not really, users have asked for and used closed episodes.

Closed episodes are marked "(closed)" and this belonging to
a health issue append the issue description. I have slightly
adjusted the query such as to sort closed episodes below
open ones.