Re: Workplaces and Languages was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc3

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Workplaces and Languages was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc3
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:36:21 -0700

On 8-Jul-09, at 11:55 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote (on thread Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Possible solution for altering date formats (Debian)?)

I run my client remotely on your computer (while the display
is on mine), in German, connecting to your database.

By virtue of my leaving any-doc / any-doc active, or providing you a proper credential of your own because we shared care on a patient?

By the way, the use case does come to mind where a doctor might like to allow an outside doctor full access to a clinical record that is inside the host doctor's gnumed, but what may be sensible may be:

- clinician-like permissions, but read-only, *except* chart reviews, which would capture this guest doctor's encounter(s)
- after the database would support the definitions, the option to constrain patient activations to those persons for whom a care relationship with the guest had been defined (this might be omitted if one had trusted colleagues working in the local emergency department, whose access to the GNUmed information could help patients in whose care the guest doctor had not previously participated

(alternatively, somebody from the praxis could login, prepare a summary EMR export, and securely transmit to the casualty officer, however it is this last portion that is the biggest obstacle!)