[Gnumed-devel] Re: Bootstrapping for production -- omitting test data

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Bootstrapping for production -- omitting test data
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:12:48 -0700

Sorry, that last post "Users" was a draft and unintended to go out, hence no questions below when I wrote:

Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed going into production
see questions below

However in that post:

- it was suggested that at the level of v2 bootstrapping the user is offered whether to include the test data however the form of this

=======================================
Bootstrapping GNUmed database system...
=======================================
You are about to install the following parts of GNUmed:
bundle (various)
This will set up a monolithic GNUmed backend ...
Currently this file will also import the test accounts which
MUST be removed prior to real use.

Do you really want to install this database setup ?
Type yes or no:
=======================================

So I tried answering no (thinking it would skip the test account portion of the setup which is what I "really did not want") but that just aborted the process.

When I did go through the process I did notice that up to the bootstrap v4-v5 there appear to be no transfers of existing users but beginning v5-v6 these appear to be transferred (see below) and I wondered if that is relevant

1) if a site would wish to install gnumed (without users) for production, and

2) if it is also relevant to (and intended or unintended) that GNUmed must use two separate backups for dumping users and dumping patients/data.

As far as installing gnumed without users or test data, the monolithic file seems to mix some essential schema creation pieces with the import of test data so can whichever lines that were suitable among those I identified earlier in this thread be split out and placed, say, in monolithic_demoData.conf and inside that file maybe the demo user data can also be specified?

As far as production creation of users, would it be better that this be done via command line interface (psql)? Some kind of CREATE USER command that would need to include the gm-dbo password, the proposed user's account name, alias, password and privilege groups ?

But then, if users must exist in the person table, must the creation of an account also create the person whose minimum person info requirements would be
lastnames
firstnames
gender

from the bootstrapper:

==> bootstrapping "v4-v5-static" ...
==> creating target database [gnumed_v5] from [gnumed_v4] (19 MB) ...
==> transferring users ...
    ... skipped (unconfigured)
==> bootstrapping "v4-v5-dynamic" ...
==> setting up auditing ...
    ... skipped (disabled)
==> setting up notifications ...
    ... skipped (disabled)
You are about to install the following parts of GNUmed:
bundle "v5-v6-static" in <gnumed_v6> (or overridden) on <>
bundle "v5-v6-dynamic" in <gnumed_v6> (or overridden) on <>
This will update an existing GNUmed version 5
database to the version 6 schema. It does not do
any harm to the data contained within.

The existing database is cloned first. The copy is
then modified. The original database remains unchanged.
Do you really want to install this database setup ?
Type yes or no: yes
==> bootstrapping "v5-v6-static" ...
==> creating target database [gnumed_v6] from [gnumed_v5] (19 MB) ...
==> transferring users ...