[Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup!

From: Don Fox
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup!
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:30:14 -0400

Our team of developers is having difficulty setting  up a local version of GNUmed 0.5.rc4 on UBUNTU. The server is v10.6.

I already have PostgreSQL v1.8.7 installed and running.
It doesn’t recognize the standard admin. password ‘postgre’.
I’ve installed postgresql on other systems and never had this trouble. This may be the issue on UBUNTU, but I was unable to successfully install a local setup on a Mac where this was not an issue!

I’ve been attempting the generic ‘Any Linux/Unix’ installation because the server installation fails using the UBUNTU specific track.

For client installation:

I check and satisfy all dependencies using the provided scripts and then run the script for local installation.

./gm-install_client_locally.sh 0.5.rc4
I modify pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf as per the instructions on the web site.

As expected .gnumed appears in my home dir. Looks successful!

For server and back end databases:

I use the instructions under ‘GNUmed Server Instalation’, the ‘generic Linux and MacOSX: local install. All seems to go well!

Attempting to login to local GNUmed I’m told that ‘any-doc’ is not recognized by the backend.

Any kind suggestions or aid would be appreciated!