Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.5 release schedule

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.5 release schedule
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:45:58 -0700

On 1-Aug-09, at 12:41 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Since we still deal with the fallout from GNUmed 0.3.9 not being updated in

Ubuntu

If we would avoid a reeat of the problem, can we know whether it was mostly owed to

- a release that made it out without enough testing even on *Debian* or
- a release that needed Ubuntu-specific testing or
- a release in which it was not the client itself but the packaging that was the source of the problem

hatever than answer, it maybe reminds us the value to know when a distro is being frozen... I suppose I am mainly wondering what kind of testing we can most benefit from encouraging