[Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 22:34:50 +0200

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:34:13PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > >   hook_script_example.py
> >
> > Ignored for packaging.
>
> But would be useful in /usr/share/doc/gnumed-client/

Added in SVN.

> Same with gnumed-client.conf.example which documents all the
> conf file options.

But I left all the documenting comments in the used config files.
So what?

> > >                   mime_type2file_extension.conf.example ?
> >
> > Hmmm, do we actually really need this in Debian? Mimetype image/x-bmp
> > should work out of the box - probably I should drop this file from the
> > package.
>
> No. It allows to override or add GNUmed specific file
> extension mapping.

Well, *if* there is any GNUmed specific mapping I would really happy
about such a mime file.  But providing an example for for something
which is well known and installed on any default Linux system makes no
sense at all if it is not GNUmed specific.

> But it could be an .example in
> doc/gnumed-client/

So again - please provide a GNUmed typical example to make any sense
of it.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--