Re: [Gnumed-devel] forms concept (instead of placeholders)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] forms concept (instead of placeholders)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:43:10 +0200

Hello Jerzy,

> > 4. The key for implementation is the decission to fetch
> > data for the template directly from backend using SQL query.
> > This query is stored together with template (a new field in
> > ref.paperwork_templates is required, I added
> > 'sql_query'::text). It may have parameters just like any
> > other query executed via gmPG2.run_ro_queries.  It returns
> > all data at once, no need to collect data from multiple
> > objects.

I am currently integrating your approach into GNUmed.

I am not really fond of adding non-generic fields to the
paperwork_templates table. However, you do need a place to
store the SQL query. I've been thinking why don't we make
the SQL part of the template XML itself ?  We could then

        a) manage the query right inside the XSLT template
        b) extract the query from the retrieved template

Jerzy, can you supply an XSLT template that you have in use ?

Could you make a suggestion as to how to store the query in
the template ? (as in which XML tag etc)

Thanks,