Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 18:06:16 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:50:09PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> I am still noticing problems with column sizing in Measurements yet not in
> Substances.

> In Measurements, the left-most column (the one where the
> test result descriptors are given) is too narrow but I

That's not a data column but rather the row label column
that's treated differently by the grid class. We do want it
to be the label column rather than a data column abused as
row labels because we want to be able to scroll to the right
yet have the row label stay in sight.

I did enlarge it by 1/3, however. In time we shall add
tooltips to the row labels such that those will reveal
appropriate and possibly-obscured details.

> cannot even see the splitter.

Because there is none.

> I am seeming to remember it as an unsolved method how to get columns to
> properly autosize?

Yes, the code even says so:

                #self.SetRowLabelSize(wx.GRID_AUTOSIZE)         # starting with
2.8.8

I expect that to apply to columns / column labels as well.

> Are they set to fixed?

The row label is:

        self.SetRowLabelSize(150)

but the columns as such are not. The grid is set to
auto-size (with measurements, not so with substances, so
that might make a difference).

> If I want to widen the
> rightmost column, it is possible to hover and see the
> splitter/grabber tool, but it is evanescent and I cannot
> grab it.
>
> In Substances I have no problem.

Will try NOT making the tests grid auto size and see what happens.