Re: [Gnumed-devel] proper English term needed for medication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] proper English term needed for medication
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 21:13:59 +0100

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:59:38AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> Would "Directions" not bear the potential to be confused with
> >> Plan/Regimen/Schedule ?
>
> Confusion IMO would be more with "Plan/Regimen" and less with "Schedule"
> which, in English, means mostly "when" to take it.

Before 0.6.0 can you check whether we have sane and
consistent use of plan vs regimen vs schedule ?

> I am also thinking that in place of "Directions", "Advice" would be better.
> Sorry to suggest / ask this change.

Done.

> At the moment cannot even locate where I saw "Notes" given
> that the field label (screenshot) shows "Comment" so maybe
> it was in the sample printout

The printout doesn't use any label for that.

> (plus maybe in the tooltip).

Yes, there it was.

> Can you check / assure it's the same next to the widget's
> field, and in the tooltip, and in the source for the
> printout?

Done.

> Which also -- source for the printout -- makes me ask
> whether (if it's in .tex files) that puts it external to the
> language translation provided via the .po system?

That's correct. Users will need to provide their own
templates in order to have them in their native tongue.

> Would that
> require individual per-language files in the cvs

We *could* provide several templates with GNUmed if people
contributed them.

> (or file alterations post-installation)?

That would work, too.