[Gnumed-devel] Gnome (Debian, Ubuntu) and gnumed medication printing

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Gnome (Debian, Ubuntu) and gnumed medication printing
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:46:26 -0800

On 2010-01-11, at 5:29 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> numerous directories of the form
>>
>>      /home/jbusser/.gnumed/tmp/gm-L-Template-YRORh6
>> However I now seem no longer to be generating the instance files...
>
> You are but because PDF generation now works just fine they
> get deleted appropriately.

While the PDF generation works fine, I am now debugging to get such
GNUmed-generated PDFs (under Ubuntu which, like Debian, uses Gnome and does not
have kprinter installed) actually to the printer.

I did note that after my failed print, my GNUmed stdout/stderr window contains

        Transcript written on gm-L-Template-nYzYC1-instance.log.
        /home/jbusser/bin/gm-print_doc: 46: kprinter: not found

and I wondered whether deletion of the temp files including generated PDFs
should be positioned after the above step, and not done when the line returns
as above? Or would you expect to never encounter such a line once a printer had
been set up? I was just thinking that under the principle of not deleting a
medical transmission without confirming its receipt at the destination which –
here – is the printer queue. At least once its hits the queue, the user can be
notified by the print software that there is a printing problem, but if a user
cannot realize the printing was not properly set up and wrongly believes the
jobs are emerging somewhere else in the building, that would not be good.

-- Jim