[Gnumed-devel] Form template footers

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Form template footers
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:32:01 -0800

Wondering what people think about the following:

1. many medical documents (fax etc) have in their footers something to the
effect of "The information on this report is privileged and confidential and
intended only for the use of authorized individuals."

On the one hand, some might say such statements are only there because
regulators seem to want them, on the other hand there might be very slight
arguable value in reminding junior clerical staff to treat them responsibly. If
instead a passerby were to find them, or someone would somewhat curiously pick
them up, do we think the notice would either tempt the person to helpfully
notify anyone, or to stop to curiously read them leas they get into trouble?

2. the other thing that I have seen is

        "Prepared using software from Proprietary Vendor X www.vendor.com"

Especially when something would be a commercial product, it would strike me as
"adware" and, if I were the doctor paying for the product, I would want the
ability to remove it… makes me wonder if the subscribed doctors are lacking the
option else tolerate it lest its removal costs them money.

On the other hand -- and maybe it's only me -- I do get curious what other
doctors are using and am actually thinking it may be entirely a good idea to add

         "Prepared using software from the GNUmed project – www.gnumed.org"

??

-- Jim