[Gnumed-devel] LOINC and decision support

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] LOINC and decision support
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:00:15 -0800

was: Re: French drug database in GNUmed

On 2010-02-25, at 3:13 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> On 2010-02-15, at 4:05 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>> I can easily write a GNUmed - FreeDIAMS
>> connector for that.

In order to deliver a proper string to FD, GNUmed should have to query for

- a patient to have a Health Issue that has been coded to a renal failure code
(despite that GNUmed might contain no quatitative renal function measurement at
the time of calling FD, the user of GNUmed should perhaps be warned or maybe a
precaution string could be passed to future FD

- patient's creatinine or creatinine clearance... priority could be to use the
most recent among the two values

- GNUmed query likely needs to poll for suitable LOINCs. This can be done by
hand but we may as well be as smart as possible.

There exists a Regenstrief LOINC Mapping Assistant
        http://loinc.org/relma
which is only multi-platform via internet Citrix session at
        http://rgnfuse.regenstrief.org:8084/Citrix/RELMA/relma.htm
otherwise runs only on WIndows.

http://jamia.bmj.com/content/13/3/353.full.pdf
An automated mapping tool was developed to assign LOINC codes. At these sites,
they were able to map from 63% to 76% of the local active laboratory tests to
LOINC using the mapping tool. Eleven percent to 27% of the tests were mapped
manually. They could not assign LOINC codes to 6% to 19% of the laboratory
tests due to incomplete or incorrect information about these tests.
- the tool itself is unlikely practically available... it was written in MUMPS

For creatinine I also found

http://loinc.org/meetings/20040312/laboratory-loinc-meeting-03-12-2004/handout-h2.pdf

and elsewhere

2164-2  CREATININE RENAL CLEARANCE:VRAT:24H:UR:QN
35591-7 Creatinine renal clearance.predicted
35592-5 Creatinine renal clearance/1.73 sq M.predicted
50380-5 Creatinine renal clearance/1.73 sq M.predicted.female
50381-3 Creatinine renal clearance/1.73 sq M.predicted.male
50384-7 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted
33914-3 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted
48642-3 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted.non black
48643-1 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted.black
50044-7 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73. sq M.predicted.female
50210-4 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted