[Gnumed-devel] Re: problems to restore DB in Debian Testing

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: problems to restore DB in Debian Testing
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:26:27 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 05:14:49PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Your shell is bash, as it should (for the restore).

Back from holiday I try to work down my mail backlog.  I wonder why the first
line

   #!/bin/bash

does not have the effect of using bash as command interpreter.  This sounds
a bit strange.  Can you please in addition post the result of

   ls -l /bin/bash

Kind regards

     Andreas.

PS: It is always a good idea not to relay on specific Bash features if not
    really necessary.  IMHO the same effect as

      if [[ "$BACKUP" =~ .*\.bz2 ]] ; then

    can be reached by

      if echo "$BACKUP" | grep -q "\.bz2$" ; then

    (UNTESTED!) and works for any shell.

--
http://fam-tille.de