Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: vaccinations

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: vaccinations
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:57:22 +1000

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, Syan Tan wrote:
> What if we gave up eating cows, and only had kangaroo once or twice a
>  week?  Two diseases with one stone!
>
> On Fri 16/04/10 01:00 , "Jim Busser" address@hidden sent:
> > Apparently, Q fever is AU's most serious zoonotic disease and Queensland
> > is its hot spot. AU even has a Q fever register
> > http://www.qfever.org/

We had to do training when the Q fever vaccine came out. You have to do two
tests on people before giving it, and only give to people who are negative on
both.
Apparently the muscle destruction in the deltoid (injection site) can be
severe if people have already been exposed.
It's also associated with goats and sheep, not just cattle.

--
Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.