Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: vaccinations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: vaccinations
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:41:48 +0200

> Sorry that I do not (yet) understand GNUmed "under the hood" so well,

No problem.

> but if I understand it right:
>
> for example: patient reports fever and sore arm => entered into progress
> note => saved => GNUmed says: vaccinated 12 hours ago, do you want to

This is possible, yes, except:

1) I will have to add that hook "post-soap-save" which I will do
   tomorrow when my shift is over.

2) The user will have to write a "hook script" (see ~/.gnumed/scripts/)
   which actually does the desired action - such as, in this case, to
   check for recent vaccinations, display the warning, and allow the

So, within the confines of the above, yes, that's possible !

> Some other thing: I think it was in England where GP's are rewarded a
> bonus according to the percentage of vaccinated childeren. So I guess
> for them it would be handy to be able to print out a report like
> "percentage of vaccinated patients between age X and Y".

That's what we've got the database reports plugin for. I'd be happy
to include report definitions if people contribute them (which can be
done right from the reports plugin ;-)

> Ah, should we in the list with available vaccinations not differ between
> te Pertussius and a-cellular pertussius vaccine?

The vaccinations will link to a particular vaccine, which in turn defines
the type of vaccine used. The *indication* (which the list was about)
will be "pertussis" in either case.