Re: [Gnumed-devel] translations transifex / launchpad

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] translations transifex / launchpad
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:37:59 +0200

> Karsten noticed that the automatic import of translations from launchpad
> is  not working.

I have taken another more in-depth look at launchpad translations and, lo
and behold, the problem appears to be smaller than it seems:

Launchpad lists *un*translated strings ad 800-odd while transifex
lists translated ones at 1600-something. Which add up to the rough
total of 2500. So that's not too bad, actually. I am not yet sure
about how lp and transifex will deal with translations marked
"fuzzy" - which are inevitably going to happen when people are
translating on both platforms and I download and merge their
efforts into the git tree.

I have a feeling lp ignores fuzzy translations in imported files.