Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccination indication input panel

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccination indication input panel
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:21:40 +0200

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:05:00AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > I have sort of done that. From *my* particular clinical
> > setting commonly (and early) used indications are uppish and
> > leftish
>
> The panel would achieve better grouping by distributing down columns and as
> each column fills then shifting to the right, instead of across rows.

This does sound (and look the way you stipulated) better.
However, we need to consider that this panel needs to live
in vaccine and vaccination management edit areas.

I'll take a look. I really like the idea.

> Would you include somewhere in the panel "passive"
> immunization such as Hepatitis A immune globulin?

Well, for one thing the panel only lists generic
indications. Then, passive immunization is not really a
vaccine but a medication that happens to be administered by
(mostly) injection.

This is explained here:

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/VaccinationHandling