[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed Release 0.7.5

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed Release 0.7.5
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:49:38 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 03:04:55PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> The GNUmed 0.7.5 Maintenance Release is out. It features two bug fixes:
>
>       0.7.5
>
>       FIX: cannot reach some parts of the expanding SOAP control when typing
> "too much" [thanks J.Jaarsveld] (lp #583019)
>       FIX: Windows cannot differentiate os.system() exit status [thanks Panos]
>
> This release does NOT require a database upgrade, as usual.
>
> Download it here:
>
>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.7/
>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/v13/

I noticed that the page

   http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideHomeShort

has changed in a way that I can not automatically parse it any more for
a string

   http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/[\d\.]+/gnumed-client\.([\d\.]+)\.tgz

This was evident to let the Debian uscan tool recognise new versions.
To have this service automatically running we need a reliable way to
notice new versions.  While I could seek the directory

        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.7/

this fails once 0.8 is released.  If I try to parse

        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/*/

this fails for alpha and beta releases of 0.8 because these will be
reported but should not be packaged.  I have no real solution /
suggestion to this problem - just try to find a way to publish releases
in a way which makes uscan working reliable.  BTW, uploading the
Tarball to a general repository (like sourceforge etc.) would help
as well.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--