Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved medication list

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] improved medication list
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:44:33 -0700

On 2010-07-05, at 12:15 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> So the good old
>
> Metoprolol 95mg 1-0-0
>
> still looks the best version
>
> For the inclined patient...

We likely agree to the value of more than one kind of printout, depending on
the purpose (context).

Perhaps this is best handled by allowing a choice not only in the GNUmed
per-user (or per workspace/place configuration) but maybe also enabling a user
choice (over-ride, alternate choice) at the time of printing? Sorry I am not up
to date on what s currently offered in the GUI.. maybe after I get a chance to
bootstrap from current source (master)?

User selection could be helped by either
i) supplying defined choices in the print dialog, with one among a variety of
printing templates gets user-associated with each, or
ii) by providing (??) inside each template a descriptor line which would (from
the point of view of the print job) be ignored -- for example, commented out --
but able to be read by the GNUmed medication module.

Multiple templates could be "known-about", some configured to be active and
others inactive... at the time of print selection, the descriptors could be
parsed/refreshed to inform the user's choice? This idea was BTW just
free-associating, I agree such a method should not be introduced willy-nilly if
it is not part of a standard approach (maybe it's inefficient etc)

-- Jim