Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.7.6 maintenance release

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.7.6 maintenance release
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 09:45:17 +0200

Am Dienstag 06 Juli 2010, 08:43:41 schrieb Jim Busser:
> I was previously successful to connect, from Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard, to
> the public db v13
>
> However when I tried 0.7.6 on a *local* v13 (which was created as part of
> bootstrapping through v14 from the improved scripts in git master ) I was
> unable to connect... I got as far as the database "set language" prompt
> but then nothing...

I am right in assuming that you are

a) able to connect to a local v14 with master client ?
b) able to connect to the public v13 with the 0.7.6 client ?

One reason for the problem could be the (online) check if a new version
exists. Since salaam is currently not available for unknown reasons the check
might or might not time out.

It might take a while to time out.

Other then that I am not aware of any show stoppers. I do believe however that
not all Mac related client fixes are available in 0.7.6, namely the locking
stuff.

Sebastian