Re: [Gnumed-devel] multitaskhttpd experiment

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] multitaskhttpd experiment
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:28:13 +0200

Am Mittwoch 14 Juli 2010, 23:56:05 schrieb lkcl:
> ok, a simple pyjamas client demo, doesn't do anything fancy, just pulls the
> info from the jsonrpc server and displays it as a string.
>
> patch is at http://lkcl.net/gnumed/ you want 0007 and 0008

Done. All patches have been applied.

> git pull again from multitaskhttpd.

Still failing on that part.

> then, after installing pyjamas (from git repo don't use 0.7), running
> python bootstrap.py and making sure that pyjsbuild has been placed into
> $PATH (add /home/you/src/pyjamas/bin/ to $PATH) you will be able to run
> the build.sh script that gets added at gnumed/client/ProxiedWeb/jsonrpc by
> patch 0008

Done.

> _theeeen_ you can browse to
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/client/ProxiedWeb/jsonrpc/output/JSONRPCExample.html

I guess I need to run the missing proxyapp before I can do that.

I did start
gm-from-vcs.sh --ui=pxweb

which gives no errors but does not seem to start a server on 127.0.0.1:8080

as firefox claims that is cannot load any page at that address

Running

gm-from-vcs.sh --ui=mtweb

yields
| Unhandled exception caught !
| Type : <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
| Value: No module named MultiTaskWeb
`========================================================
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gnumed.py", line 534, in <module>
    from Gnumed.MultiTaskWeb import gmGuiWeb
ImportError: No module named MultiTaskWeb

And indeed there is no directory MultiTaskWeb which could be imported.

> theeen you can type in a password (any-doc), theeen click on login and
> theeeen you can select one of the drop-down options and press "do
> something".

That I would love to do.

> if you press "do something" when selecting "get schema" BEFORE logging in
> then of course you will see that command-line password entry request on the
> JSONRPC server console!

Makes sense. I guess some sort of handler needs to be implemented to call the
login page instead.

So I am awaiting instruction regarding

1.) proxyapp.py
2.) gm-from-vcs.sh --ui=mtweb or gm-from-vcs.sh --pxweb
3.) which of those starts the webserver at 8080

Any help is appreciated,
Sebastian