Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Drugs interactions calculation

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Drugs interactions calculation
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:52:59 -0300

Sorry to Jim that is receiving this 2 times ... I mailed it exclusively to him first ;)

<SNIP>
... I *suppose* if the side effects could be keyed as clinical conditions (diseases), then the drugs could interact with the "disease" that is the side effect that would be potentiated or weakened!

-- Jim

I agree with Jim, a good idea in "drug interaction minded" prescription is being on the lookout for the "worst possible scenario" meaning that if all goes FUBAR, all drugs will give a side effect, and a good prescribing tool would have to know this and calculate the interactions of these extreme (and hopefully very rare) cases.

Rogerio