Re: [Gnumed-devel] FreeDiams 0.4 -> GNUmed

From: Eric MAEKER
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] FreeDiams 0.4 -> GNUmed
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 23:29:14 +0200

I'm working on it...
When ready, why not differentiate "certain intolerances" or "suspected
intolerances", the code is the same (for the drug selector).

I am curious if you could tell me what the job is the CPU is busy with. Is it doing calculations (number crunching) or is it because it has to access many
tables in the database or what is it ?

One drug at time (for all drugs that are shown in the selector):
0) if result in cache return cache (end)
1) get all molecules
2) get all ATC codes that suite the molecules
3) test allergies
3.1) for 7 char ATC
3.2) for < 7 char ATC
3.3) cache result
4) test intolerances --> cache result
4.1) for 7 char ATC
4.2) for < 7 char ATC
4.3) cache result

Ok this have been threaded. All goes know really fine, CPU is working hard, but UI keeps all its fluidity.

Seems I speak too fast... SQL does not support threads.

Need to rework some part of the code.

Eric