Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter editing (where saving changes is not curren

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter editing (where saving changes is not currently the default)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:05:04 +0100

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:06:20PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> Also, can I request a change to the default button within
> encounter list item editing? Presently, on editing from the
> list of encounters, saving one's changes is not the default.

When

        - the active patient is changed
        - GNUmed detects that data was added to the EMR
        - but the encounter hasn't been modified from its defaults

GNUmed generates suggestions for the fields and shows the
same dialog (can be switched off) for editing the encounter
before proceeding to the next patient.

Defaulting to SAVE would not be the best choice in this case.

In the edit-from-elsewhere scenario, where the user
explicitely requested an edit, they can just as well use
Alt-S or whatever the keyboard shortcut to the SAVE button
is. Doesn't add any keypresses over hitting RETURN.