Re: [Gnumed-devel] Confusing dialog "Deleting medication"

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Confusing dialog "Deleting medication"
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:38:33 +0100

> We need careful thinking in order for GNUmed to improve on being just a
> snapshot of current medication with no history.

I agree.

> Even ignoring "writing a
> prescription" there is important information that will get lost. When I say
> lost I do not mean permanently lost, because the clinical audit tables will
> hold copied of deprecated records. I am talking about functional clinical
> unavailability.

Agreed. I have been thinking of making available audit trail data
directly from each substance intake entry which would solve some of
the needs sooner at the cost of being slightly less elegant.

> I cannot recall any direct responses to my question of how we want to
> understand discontinuing a medication versus deleting.

That is correct. That's because I didn't have an opportunity to
think about it.

> In medications, however we seem to allow deletion (meaning removal of the
> clinical record) even though the records contain maybe clinically needed
> detail.

That assessment is correct. The reason being that the aim of the current
implementation was a *snapshot* (without *technically* losing information).
That does not preclude improvement and discussion of ways for achieving
same.

I suppose we can have the buttons "Add" and "Manage" in the medication
plugin, the latter of which would apply to a selected row.

Inside the edit area to be called by manage one would have buttons:

[Save]
[Revert]
[Allergy]
[ADR]
[Discontinue]
[Delete]
[Cancel]

[Allergy], [ADR] and [Discontinue] would require "Reason" and "Date Disct'd" to
be set. All buttons (except [Revert]) would dismiss
the dialog.

GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit