Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Image acquisation, storage and reporting pluggin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Image acquisation, storage and reporting pluggin
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:42:02 +0100

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 01:06:13PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:

> There were certain doubts regarding the need for endoscopic module.

There were not.

> Foot switches: Foot switches are available with local vendors. They are
> configured to work as joysticks. Drivers are provided by the vendors.

Linux should be able to handle joysticks just fine.

> Twain source: endoscope in my experience do not act like a twain source. and
> capture card is needed.

"Standard" capture cards/usb video input is handled just
fine by Linux.

There's no doubt an endoscopy module would be useful.
There's no doubt either that endoscopy needs images.

The only remaining problem is to get someone to write it.

One thing to ponder might be whether GNUmed itself is the
best place to store the amounts of image/video data
endoscopy produces. That is up for debate.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de