Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:05:11 +0100

@vbanait: thanks for sticking with us and reporting the problems you encounter

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:49:10AM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> Does it make sense to add cups-pdf (see below) to the dependencies for gnumed-
> client ?

Certainly not as a dependancy. This is strange anyways,
since gnumed-client:

        Recommends: xsane (>= 0.991), extract, ntp | ntpdate,
        aeskulap | amide | dicomscope | imagej | xmedcon,
        iceweasel | www-browser, openoffice.org-writer,
        python-uno, wgerman-medical, xdg-utils, kprinter |
        gtklp, texlive-latex-recommended, texlive-latex-extra,
        freediams

        Depends: python (>= 2.4), python-support (>= 0.90.0),
        python-wxgtk2.8, file, gnumed-common (= 0.8.7-1),
        gnumed-doc (= 0.8.7-1), python-enchant,
        python-egenix-mxdatetime, hunspell | aspell | ispell |
        myspell-dictionary | hspell, python-gnuplot,
        texlive-latex-base

GNUmed calls gm-print_doc which in turn calls either
kprinter (does not exist anymore) or gtklp. The latter in
turn is a GUI for CUPS based file printing.

gtklp does not - by way of its dependancies - enforce any
printer being configured. That seems fine at first until one
realizes that if there are no printers configured it will
fail at startup :-)

I wonder whether anything can be done about that (at the
gtklp level, that is) and whether a bug/wishlist item should
be filed with gtklp.

In the meantime I would think gnumed-client should
"Recommends: cups-pdf", indeed.

And, indeed, vbanait is correct, please document this in the wiki.

Karsten