Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed problem in Ubuntu

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed problem in Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 20:36:29 -0700

On 2011-04-11, at 1:42 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> I can access my local db fine with the appended as the only active lines in
> my pg_hba.conf file so my suggestion would be to put the three lines
>
>       # allow anyone knowing the proper password to
>       # log into our GNUmed databases
>       local   samegroup      +gm-logins                    md5
>
> above the line
>
>       # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

@ Sebastian,

The reply that I already posted to Tonatiu a bit earlier than yours, answered
some parts and you reply answered others. I am only not sure if you saw this
part of my reply, proposing to position the required three lines above

        # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

at least, this is what I put in the updated wiki page

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurePostgreSQL#Permitting_clients_to_access_you

-- Jim