Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications, and Adding substance intake - dialog

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications, and Adding substance intake - dialog
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:17:46 +0200

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 01:30:29PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>       Adding medication and non-medication substance intake

Done:

        Adding medication/non-medication substance intake

or in case of editing:

        Editing medication/non-medication substance intake

Agree ?

>       Brand by component
>
>       Brand via component
>
> --> either of the above is ok

Done:

        Brand by component

> >> otherwise the user is confused to think the above are
> >> direct data entry fields when they are instead "lookup"
> >> fields which can result in more substances being added than
> >> are selected.
> >
> > That applies only to the upper field (the lower one is
> > "substance" but that's what you likely meant).
>
> The upper field (brand entity selector) will result in the selection of a
> brand which may have only one, or it may have more than one, component.
>
> The lower field… is this not limited to single-component, unbranded entities?

It is. It is also a selector rather than free entry (like
many other phrasewheels - neither of which display that in
their name, only the tooltips says so and the behavior -
namely when a value is entered that does not coincide with a
possible selection will the field go pink).

But it cannot add more substances than are selected. That's
what I wanted to point out.

> That is why I suggest
>
>       component (not substance, because Brand could be a substance)

To me (and in German) "component" always conveys "part of a
whole" whereas "substance" has no such connotation. Of
course, a single-component (!) brand consists of a single
(active) substance. However, naming that field "component"
would (to me) beg the question "component of what ?".

> But if that has an objection, what about
>
>       unbranded substance

Since "Brand by component" occupies "lots" of horizontal
space adding "unbranded substance" won't make it worse.

It's surely an improvement in description of the field.

Done.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de