Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:15:01 -0700

On 2011-05-19, at 3:50 PM, Chris Travers wrote:

> BTW, there is some talk on this list about deleting stuff from the
> billing schema.  I'd actually suggest moving to a system where stuff
> is marked billed so a greater paper trail is preserved.

meaning that once a billing item was initiated

1) even when it is
        - nonclinical
        - immediately understood to have been in error
        - did not yet go anywhere
                (did not yet get sent to the accounting system)

are you proposing "do not delete it but instead mark it as "voided"?

2) even after it has been exported
        - keep it permanently viewable in the EMR even 10 years later?

> Data could
> then be purged periodically based on local requirements.

and only purge periodically from the accounting system based on local
requirements?