Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 00:05:20 +0200

> > \begin{itemize}
> > $<progress_notes::p//       {\item %s} \\ >$
> > \end{itemize}
> this is working, even without the itemize-thing. I can try it again with
> soap_a and look at the logfile if wanted.

Yes, please.

> Another strange behavior is that with any placeholder that lets you
> select something from the journal, tex and ooffice, you can select the
> episode and the specific entry and after finishing, the procedure starts
> right at the beginning. You have to push <cancel> to get the
> document-creation working.

Yeah, I know, that's what I meant by "the selection mechanism is scary".

The reasoning is that it lets you go back up the tree levels (issue,
episode, encounter) until you're fed up and have selected everything
you want to hit CANCEL.

I agree we need a better selection mechanism.

I am open to suggestions.

> btw. you should consider to think about the oowriter-dep because of
> libreoffice becoming stronger. I got it working by creating a symlink to
> /usr/bin/lowriter at /usr/local/bin/oowriter

Works just fine for me on Debian/Testing with LibreOffice.

However, there's a well defined point in time when it'll make sense
to again spend more time on the OOo/LO bindings: Exactly when they
start supporting *non-greedy* regular expressions in their
search-and-replace API :-)