Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:56:53 -0300

Hummm seems the locale will make a diference in the family model / share tables ... will have to think this over with more care.

Rogerio

2011/6/10 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> Later I develop colorectal cancer and when entering this
> diagnosis my own doctor says "mmm... probably we want to
> make sure this is added to your son's family history" but I
> say "look, you only just gave me the diagnosis today. I need
> time to tell my wife and makes plans. Maybe in a few months
> it can be added to his record. But it gets busy in the
> praxis, and we never "push" the information and my son grows
> to age 17 and never had his own encounter in the praxis in
> the 4 years until I died, for another 6 years until at age
> 23 he returns for tetanus vaccine and mentions to the doctor
> he is getting married and the doctor says that's great, you
> must be excited and my son says "yes, I do wish my dad were
> still alive and able to come, he died 6 years ago from
> colorectal cancer" and the doctor can activate my record in
> GNUmed and because I am dead he can copy over anything he
> likes.

That last assumption does not hold - at least in Germany.
Just because I am dead my doctor cannot share any more
information that if I wasn't unless I pre-agreed to that
arrangement.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346