Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounters when importing path / lab test results

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounters when importing path / lab test results
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:00:15 -0700

On 2011-07-01, at 1:44 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 12:08:23AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> True enough… redundant rows in clin.encounter_type all having
>>
>>      description = 'data import'
>>
>> could be merged.
>
> Why would there be redundant rows ?
>
> (Apart from the fact that that isn't possible.)

Absent any constraint on description uniqueness in encounter_type, redundancy
in description might be possible. Perhaps such a constraint is not displayed in
the html version of the schema.

However, I now realize – hopefully correctly – that

        once an encounter_type gets assigned to an encounter,
        which then gets applied to test_results,

it will not be possible to delete that encounter_type (having description 'data
import') without first deleting the associated test_results and encounters.

-- Jim