Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database

From: Nicolas Barbier
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:05:23 +0200

2011/6/28, Slappinjohn <address@hidden>:

> Currently I'm writing a little tool for importing icd10 codes supplied
> by health department or WHO into a database. Finally it should end up in
> a little code-search-plugin for gnumed.
> For not rewriting it for every country I just wanna know how these data
> are supplied in your country.
> In Germany we can choose between plain text ASCII (not very usable,
> because not well formated) and an xml-like ClaML (Classification Markup
> Language, maybe this is kind of a standard?)

In Belgium, the government distributes a file containing "IBUI" codes
that are localized (French and Dutch) "shortcuts" to one or more
ICD-10 and/or ICPC-2 codes.

The ICD-10 portion is an XML file that starts as follows:

                <NL_Description>cholera door Vibrio cholerae 01, biovar
                <FR_Description>choléra à Vibrio cholerae 01, biovar

It can be downloaded from:

(Click on the link that says "Thesaurus v3.1"; changing the language
on that page to anything but NL or FR results in an uninformative

A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?