Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:49:54 +0200

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 11:25:42PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> There is no problem per se, but each needs work. All of them
> go beyond the perceived easy renaming.
>
> This area of programming is called refactoring and has got a
> community all of its own.

For that reason I have - with good results - taken to the
approach of refactoring the backend when working on a
particular part of the greater GNUmed because that will near
guarantuee I have to look at all the frontend code for that
part anyway and do at least some testing along the way.
Still, refactoring regressions happen to creep into
releases. That's also why I am so paranoid about not
changing the backend in minor releases.

Has worked well so far and prevented greater desasters.

Recent example: previous versions of family history tables
have been lurking in the backend for quite a while until
being reworked into something actually usable only for this
next release.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de