Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:34:33 -0700

On 2011-07-07, at 3:48 PM, richard terry wrote:

> The point I was trying to make was that trying to put a single textbox on the
> screen for each row of granular results is a waste of time - not that
> displaying the granular results is  the problem.

Hi Richard,

did you mean that

        it is the putting of *individual* boxes on the screen
        for each (individual result within) each row of granular results

that is the waste of time?

The current display does already collapse, inside a single cell, any

        repeated-values-within-day.

such as is demonstrated by Kirk's CRP in that screenshot

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-07/msg00064.html

The wxPython client appears to allow a row to be selected, and --- under Mac OS
X11 ---  to allow two (or more) non-contiguous rows to be control-click
selected.

I cannot (on Mac OS) elicit a control-click contextual menu on any of the row
labels but -- if that could be overcome -- maybe it would be the way to graph
one or more rows. I agree that graphing is hugely helpful. Alternatively
perhaps, an icon button which would act on selected rows.

Another future wishlist item would be to expand the filter / selectors which
presently is limited to

        [  ] Your unsigned      [  ] All unsigned

whereas the expanded functionality could allow to specify subset(s) of

- kinds of tests (picklist constrained to those tests that the patient has
actually *had*)
- time ranges of tests
- normal or abnormal-only tests
- no comment or commented-on only tests
- below target, in target or above target only

-- Jim