Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wishlist: add a Photo button to the Notelet editor

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wishlist: add a Photo button to the Notelet editor
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:31:33 -0700

On 2011-07-23, at 4:10 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Done.
> (this is shown when the [Image] button is pressed in the SOAP plugin)
> Karsten

Great! As far as cameras to consider, Richard had written me

> Found a great little
> webcam from the USA - macro IPEVO-2 I think it was called - stuggles a bit
> with the auto-focus but can macro down to say the size of a single key on the
> keyboard and as it attatched to the video device > direct into the progress
> notes. GnuMed should be able to implement that if it dosn't already.

45 customer reviews at Amazon
        - one review pointing out the autofocus problem can be overcome
                by forcing pre-focus on a piece of paper and deactivating

the P2V (successor of PoV) uses the standard UVC driver therefore works in
Linux, Mac, and Windows alike.

Apparently popular among dentists: when combined with a laptop computer they
can document a patients mouth - and even show patients in real-time exactly
what's happening with their teeth and gums onscreen. Top mounted buttons
control focus and snapshot functions.

note the older model PoV is not Linux compatible

-- Jim