Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:24:20 -0700

On 2011-07-27, at 3:17 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

>       Creatinine (in-house lab)

I see now that this was an actual value, presumably inserted by trigger
(auto-generated) and which I cannot even edit out. It simply gets re-added
after I click the "Save".

Must this trigger be kept?

There exists the possibility to create a per-lab value, which could support
per-lab units which could default into the "units" column when inputting actual
patient results, except that currently the tooltip that hovers over the existing

        test type: units

refers to this field as a "base to which to convert differentlabs' units) … it
seems to me the per-lab field should hold the lab's own units employed by that
lab, and that the "reference" (foundational / comparitor) base should somewhere
else be defined?

-- Jim