Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:26:15 -0700

On 2011-09-04, at 12:18 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Those scripts nicely look like the toolbox of someone who
> somewhat regularly (whenever appropriate) re-creates
> Canadian drug data from FreeDiams data in the form of a
> GNUmed data pack.
>
> The last step is missing so far - create an SQL script
> called "install-data-pack.sql" which can be run by GNUmed to
> actually import the data.
>
> The install-data-pack.sql and possibly associated data files
> will not live in the git tree but the scripts *creating*
> those files may well do.

Would anyone who wished to renew their consumable substances run (say from
their git clone, if we would store them in the git clone) scripts such as my
shell and sqlite scripts which will download, in a temporary directory, the
data sources (in my case a FreeDiams tarball) and from these to create a date
file which can (re) populate a GNUmed installation's

        ref.consumable_substances

If the above is the plan, and if

        install-data-pack.sql

would not be stored in the Git tree, where would it be stored? At
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/ where lives

        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/data-packs.conf

??

In this case, the conf file could point to the existing health canada zip or
the freediams tarball, but how will the GNUmed client be instructed what sql
script to run? IOW will the needed script need to be at some root level inside
the extracted archive, or ...

??

-- Jim