Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:41:05 -0700

On 2011-09-05, at 10:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Using direct SQL is very much the easiest route.
>
> It can easily be generated from COPY FROM data files:
>
> - locally load the data via COPY FROM
>       (it doesn't matter which database)
>
> - dump it back out using pg_dump:
>
>       pg_dump -U gm-dbo -d the_database --data-only --table=the_table -f
> install-data-pack.sql

1) seems my pg dump needs a different expression with DBNAME at the end,
instead of an earlier -d :

        Usage:
        pg_dump [OPTION]... [DBNAME]

2) when I run

        MacBook-2:bin djb$ ./pg_dump -U gm-dbo --data-only
--table=pg_temp_4.tallman -f install-data-pack.sql gnumed_v16
        Password:

I get

        pg_dump: SQL command failed
        pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  permission denied for
schema pg_temp_4
        pg_dump: The command was: LOCK TABLE pg_temp_4.tallman IN ACCESS SHARE
MODE
        MacBook-2:bin djb$

… does this mean no other user can be logged in (if I had a shell open)

?

-- Jim